Friday, December 10, 2010

4 Little Duckings

If you see me this weekend you will see not 2 but 4 little ducklings following me in a row. Ok, ok, they will probably be running around crazy since human children don't know to follow mother\aunt in an orderly fashion, and chances are at least 2 of them will be yielding some type of (toy) weapon. Brian is out of town for the weekend and Garrett and I are having 2 cousins spend the weekend with us. The kids have been dying to play together and this gives their mama a much needed break from 24\7 solo parenting (she still has the 1 yr old though, so not a complete break.)

Heather and the kids came in the afternoon. All we managed to do was go out for ice cream. But the kids played at the house and outside for a while too. I pushed both babies on the purple bike, with Tristan standing on the back. It was cute. The ice cream store Christopher's Train Garden sitting outside again. We went in there and it was really neat. The kids loved it. Its a memorial thing for a 15 yr old who died. We meet his mother and talked to her a for a bit. I need to take the boys back there again, it was fun. I put Sierra's name on the angle train and Heather put Chris Sr's name.

The kids have been good. A bit hyper as always but not too bad. I hate to admit it but Garrett really is the hyper one! We watched a really funny\silly movie called Shorts tonight while eating pizza. We also had a quick surprise visit from the missionaries. And the kids have just been playing really well all night. It took a while to get them all in bed. Ariel was ready at about 8 to go to bed but its hard to get one to bed while the others are up. She wanted to sleep on the couch. The boys wanted the air mattress in the living room. So when I finally got them all in their beds after baths, snacks, books, teeth, talking on phone with Heather, saying goodnight, I went to our bedroom to put Tristan down and Ariel came up twice (she just turned 4). Once to tell me the tree was sparkling and then to tell me she heard a noise. So I said "Do you want to sleep with me"? and she said yes. But it was funny because here the two boys come trailing in behind her. Garrett wanted to sleep with me because he was scared. I told them both to go back downstairs and I'd check on them when I was done putting baby to sleep and they could put 1 big light on. so that worked and they were all asleep by the time baby was asleep.  Ariel kept talking for a while though until I said "ok, go to sleep now!" The really cute thing is that I asked her today if she wanted to sleep in my bed and she was very sure of herself that she could sleep all by herself downstairs!

I'm going to take them to the Estuary center tomorrow morning. Then I am meeting Kim, Percy, and Kids  at the mall by temple for dinner and then the Christmas lights at the temple.

1 comment:

  1. aww that sounds like such a fun weekend you are having. I hope you take lots of pictures and post them! What a fun mommy and Aunt you are.

    ReplyDelete